Saturday, February 21, 2015

On Valentine's Day I found myself wandering into a Mexican - French Bistro on 1st. How could I resist two of my favorite foods? Epazote is housed in the former Pitch & Fork space -- one of those bars I had one bad date with and promised I'd never go back. I blame myself for its closing. Sorry guys! Anyway, I'll be back to Epazote a lot.

Alas, the second I sat down I had that thing where I thought I was hungry, but the menu came and I suddenly wasn't. However, I can always find room for guacamole, and of course it is made tableside at Epazote.


I also had a few of the Epazote Cocktails, which were quite delicious. It was like a less- sweet version of a margarita, but with mezcal, so the flavor was a bit smoky, too. They went down a bit too easy for me. I got into a great conversation with one of the cooks, who is also from Mexico. It was delicious!


The decor is very cool. It was a super comfortable place to have a pit stop. The rest of the menu looks amazing, and their brunch specials were well priced. I wished I had the appetite for them. I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment