Saturday, April 4, 2015

NY Mag Second Ave Subway Think Pieces


Every think piece about how the subway is going to "change the neighborhood" makes me cringe a bit. I'm not an old New Yorker at all so I have no right to it, and I am happy to live in a neighborhood where there's new things opening up all the time. I'm just a city girl who has always felt connected to her adopted neibs- I'll always have a soft spot for Boston's South End and the Bastille. But the sleaziness of everyone rushing to what may or may not be a "cool place to live for reasonably cheap by millionaire standards" is getting old. These think pieces are getting old.

No one ever says "oh, I wanted to be close to the museums and cheap wine bars and takeout." Jerks.

Anyway, if anyone has a few mil to spare, I would live west of 2nd maybe. Second Avenue Subway Ville, NY Mag March 25,2015

No comments:

Post a Comment